Fundamentals of digital marketing
1. What is marketing and digital marketing?
2. Digital marketing process
3. Fundamentals of digital marketing
9. Importance of digital marketing
10. Career in digital marketing
What is Marketing and Digital Marketing
Marketing refers to the buying and selling of goods or services offline. This includes advertising, delivering, or selling goods or services.
This is considered a traditional method of marketing.
Digital marketing refers to purchasing or selling goods or services via digital platforms such as social media, search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
Digital Marketing Process
1. If any business or startups want to be digitalized then the only way to this is Digital Marketing. Website development is the initial process for online presence
2. You need to create engaging content or posts so that it may hit or influence many people.
3. Now after becoming live it is high time to make it visible to the right audience that is time to increase traffic organically. Generating traffic includes SEO (on and off-page), blog submissions, etc.
4. Conversion of the organic audience into leads.
5. Conversion of lead into a sale.
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
Whenever we talk about online promotion or advertising of products or services we feel Digital Marketing plays a very important role. It is a high values certification course that can be done within 3, 6 months, or within a year.
This course has other fundamentals that are-
1. SEO – It refers to Search Engine Optimization. This involves gaining or high traffic organically by making backlinks.
Backlinks refer to incoming links to our website from another website. This process is also termed as Link-Building.
SEO includes – Article submissions, Blog-Commenting, Directory submissions, Social-Bookmarking submissions, presentation submissions, PDF submissions, or other Guest-posting or Forum submissions.
This is an organic way to rank our website or blog on the top Google Search Engine Result Page.
In this way, we can easily drive a large amount of organic traffic to our website or blog.
As only website creation is not enough but getting ranked is important too, SEO plays a very important role in this.
2. SMO – It is also termed as Social Media Optimization, is the process for optimizing a company’s social media presence.
This involves the right content to get a share with the world via social media.
A strong social media presence plays a very important role in business growth.
We can easily connect or share with any people from anywhere in the world.
Various social media platforms are – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
3. PPC – It is termed as Pay-Per-Click.
Pay-Per-Click involves payment for the promotion or advertising of a website In terms of ADS.
It is considered a paid marketing which is also termed as Search Engine Marketing.
It involves bidding as if we bid for a particular keyword then the search engine shows our website in the form of ads in top SERP.
4. SMM – It is also a paid marketing and known as Social Media Marketing.
It involves the promotion of goods or services on social media via a paid campaign.
It is done for brand awareness by reaching millions of people by setting a target audience.
We can get direct feedback from this by users to map the growth of the company.
Various terms used in SMM are-
A. CPC – Cost-Per-Click – For gaining traffic
B. CPM – Cost per 1000 impression – Post engagement
C. CPL – Cost-Per-Like – For page likes
D. CPA – Cost-Per-Action – Event response
E. CPV- Cost-Per-View – Video views
F. CPL- Cost-Per-Lead – For lead generation
G. CPM- Cost-Per-Message – For messages
H. CPI – Cost-Per-Install – for App install
How to set target audience in SMM for both FaceBook or Instagram Ads campaign
A. Location – choose the location where you want your campaign to run.
B. Age- set the age group of people you want to reach.
C. Gender – choose the gender.
D. Interest- choose your interest wisely.
5. ORM – It refers to Online Reputation Management.
It is a process of creating a positive presence of any website or brand over the internet by replacing negative ones.
For replacing negative ones the only solution to this problem is SEO by creative backlinks or another way involves direct talking to customers for deleting bad reviews or contacting people for sharing positive feedback or reviews.
Importance of digital marketing
1. We can easily reach millions of people even without investment.
2. We can grow our business using an effective digital marketing strategy.
3. We can easily target more people and convert them into sales.
4. It helps in brand awareness.
5. It helps in building direct connections with customers even helps in solving their problems.
6. More than 70% of people shop or buy products online, that helps in e-commerce to scale their sale.
7. It helps in better Return on investment (ROI).
8. With the help of digital marketing we can easily map our business growth.
Read More : Mera naam kya hai
9. With the help of digital marketing we can now set our target audience with whom we want to reach.
10. We can do startups with the help of digital marketing even with zero investment.