In today’s era, social media has become an important part of life, which has many features, such as providing information, entertaining, and educating mainly.
In this article we will be discussing social media, what is it? the advantages of being social and some distractions regarding social media.
What is social media?
Social media is one of the platforms for sharing information, expressing one’s feeling, sharing of thoughts or ideas, etc. this create interactions among people by sharing their thoughts.
Various social media platforms are –
Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
It is a very good medium of communication. It involves the exchange of information at a rapid pace, which contains news from every field.
Social media plays a positive role by which any person, institution, group, and country, etc. can be made economically, socially, culturally, and politically prosperous. There have been many developmental works done through social media that have enriched democracy, which has increased the unity, integrity, secularism, socialist qualities of any country.
We see many examples that corroborate the above, in which one can see ‘INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION‘, ‘INDIA AGAINST PHYSICAL ABUSE’, ‘INDIA AGAINST CHILD LABOUR’ campaign against corruption, against physical abuse or child labor which was fought on the streets as well as on social media.
Social media has given many people the right to express what they feel by sharing it with the public. This is considered the strongest platform for sharing what we feel.
As we know that every coin has two sides, like the same way everything has two sides one good and the other one bad. Let us see some disturbances in social media.
1. You can easily promote your products or service through social media.
2. You can even be in touch with your far away from dear ones.
3. Helps in getting updated from time to time.
4. Helps in sharing thoughts.
5. Helps in spreading awareness.
6. Helps in the growth of businesses.
1. Various frauds are done on social media platforms.
2. Social media excessive usage can cause addiction.
3. Time wasting.
4. Your private data such as photos, text, mobile number, or email can be used by other people.
5. Account got hacked easily.
6. Money fraud.
7. This keeps us away from friends and family.
READ – mera naam kya hai